Thursday, April 8, 2010

Queen Anne - ISO and Focus

The clouds finally broke today after several days of gray. I decided to head over to the East side of Queen Anne to see if I could catch some of the snow-covered Cascades at sunset. So it turned out that what I wanted didn't happen, so I tried to make the best of it. But that is what photography is though, right? You make the best out of the environment in front of you, which is usually not exactly what you had hoped to shoot. I wouldn't say that I did my very best today, but I tried and practiced some technique on focus and ISO. I find these photos to be less crisp than I would have liked, and am trying to figure out if it is the ISO (100), the f-stop (f14), the shutter speed (these are somewhat longer exposures - ~ 1/8 second), the tripod, or the lens...or maybe it is a combination of all of it. Ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment