Monday, April 5, 2010

Seattle Sculpture Park


On Saturday afternoon I headed down to the Seattle Sculpture Park for some practice with my new Sigma 10-20 and a couple of neutral density filters and grads. I headed down to the 'stick beach' for some long exposures and was pleased with the overall scene of somewhat choppy waters, bold clouds and mostly good visibility. The angle of the sun wasn't the best for the shots, as it reflected off of the neutral grad filters and caused some glare, and I quickly found out that the Cokin P filter system isn't the best for the super wide Simga.

At 10mm you can clearly see both the filter edges as well as the light leaks from the filter system itself. This went away at around 13mm, but it was still frustrating not being able to use the lens's full angle of vision. I am currently researching ways to avoid any of this. I took my last shot around 3:45 and furiously began to pack my equipment after I watched the latest rain storm make it's way across Elliot Bay. It started to rain at about 3:48 and by the time I was back at my car I was quite wet. Overall a good day of practice. Any comments about the filter systems are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment